Monday, August 24, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Well, it's the last Monday of summer vacation.  The teachers have work days on Thursday and Friday and then the kids return to school next Monday!  And, just like the kids, I am trying to squeeze as much summer into this final week as possible, and for me, that means as much reading as possible!

What I'm reading today involves a little bit of a confession: I've never read Matilda the whole way through!  I've read the first few chapters, and I watch the movie any time I find it on TV, but I've never read the whole book.  I was down in my basement a few days ago trying to find books that will fulfill the remaining categories of the 2015 challenge I'm working on.  One of those is "a book that was turned into a movie."  This category has so many options, and I had picked up a few possibilities (Mary Poppins was a strong contender) and then I found my sad, beat up copy of Matilda.  The poor book doesn't even have a front cover any more, which is probably why it was in the basement and not my classroom.  Clearly, this is a book that needs reading! 

Matilda is one of my all time favorite book-loving characters, and I am glad I am finally reading her story the whole way through!

So, what are you reading today?

No comments:

Post a Comment