Sunday, August 23, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Update!

I am so excited to have passed the 50% point on my reading challenge!!  Reading Gingersnap put me at 25 books, and now finishing Seer of Shadows got me to number 26!

You can see all the books I've read so far if you click the link on the right! -->

One thing I love about this challenge is that it is pushing me to read a bigger variety of books.  Up until recently I was just choosing books I wanted to read and then hoping I could find a category that they fit in.  Now, I'm choosing books specifically because they match something on the list.  And while I have always loved books by Avi (True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle and Something Upstairs were two of my favorite books ever when I was younger), I don't think I ever would have read Seer of Shadows if I hadn't been specifically looking for a thriller or mystery.  

There are some categories that I am having trouble figuring out what to read for them.  I want to stick to mostly books that I can recommend to fourth-sixth graders, but that makes some categories (a classic romance?) harder to plan.  If anyone has any recommendations for any of the categories I still need to read, please leave me a comment!!


Ones I'm finding tricky:

  • a classic romance
  • a book written by someone under 30
  • a book that came out the year you were born (1981, go ahead and do the math)
  • a book with bad reviews
  • a book set during Christmas
  • a book originally written in a different language

No comments:

Post a Comment