Monday, August 10, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Happy Monday, everyone!

Last week I was away on a family vacation, but I spent my Monday finishing up The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls.  I will admit, it wasn't one of my favorites.  It reminded me too much of other books that I love, but I felt like it was missing something.  However, if you're in the mood for a story that is twisted, dark, and creepy, this one might be right up your alley!

As for today, I am currently reading The Truth About Twinkie Pie, and really enjoying it!  It's about a 12 year old girl, who moves from rural South Carolina to a really fancy part of Long Island.  She is really smart and hard working, so she gets really good grades and goes to a fancy private school.  So far she's fitting in really well, almost too well.  I have a feeling things might get a little more challenging for her in the friend department pretty soon.  

The thing I like best about this book are the recipes.  See, the main character's mom died when she was a baby, so now she lives with her sister.  The only thing they have left from their mom is a notebook full of recipes that their mom hand wrote.  The recipes are mixed into the story and you can really get to know the mom through the funny things she wrote when describing the food.  I think I might have to try to make some of them before I finish this book!
YUMMMMM!!!!
So, what are you reading??

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Cavendish when I read it, but I hadn't read a lot of similar work like it at the time. All the same, I know what you mean about something being missing.
    I haven't read this Twinkie Pie book yet, but it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete