Monday, September 7, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Well, school started last week, but I finished my 20th book of the summer today!  This morning I finished GuysRead: Other Worlds edited by Jon Scieszka.  It's a book made up of short stories by famous authors that are all in the sci-fi genre.   This book was a little out of the zone for what I usually read (aliens taking over recess, planets where people's entire lives only last 8 days) but I am glad that I pushed myself to finish it.  


The next book (which I am starting as soon as I hit "publish") is going to be Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.  He is one of my favorite authors, so I am really looking forward to it.  While he has written amazing books for kids, Coraline and The Graveyard Book are two favorites, this one isn't intended for that audience. I decided to read it now because one of the challenges is to read a book that was turned into a tv show.  I've read lots of books that have been turned into movies, but it was more of a challenge to find one that's been turned into a tv series.  

So, now that school is back in session, I'm looking to give away some books!  Leave a comment to tell the world what you're reading this week! You'll be put in a raffle to win a free book!

No comments:

Post a Comment