Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday again!!  Along with my 2015 book challenge, I'm also trying to read the Newberry Medal winners and honor books from the past few years. Last week I read Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo.  It was wonderful!  Such an original story with totally quirky characters. I absolutely loved it!

Yes, that's my bed.
Yesterday I started reading Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool.  It's the story of a young girl (I think she's about 10 or 11, but I'm not sure yet) who is sent to live in a town called Manifest during the Great Depression.  Pretty much as soon as she gets there, she discovers a box of secret letters all about a spy who was thought to be in the town 18 years earlier, during World War I.  The main character and her friends decide to go on a pretend spy hunt, but then things get very real when 
she gets a threatening note to back off!  I can't wait to keep reading once Alex goes to sleep!

Ok, now it's your turn to tell me what you're reading in the comments!  Remember, two South School students who comment by Friday will win a free book!  

Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading Darth Paper from the Origami Yoda series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Among the Hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid

    ReplyDelete