Monday, June 22, 2015

Last day of school

Well, it's the last day of school, and that means the first day of summer reading!  I am so proud of all the plans the kids have to read this year.  Having a concrete plan is the best first step possible to make sure those books get opened up this summer!  To help with these plans, I did a display on my windows...
It had a section for students and teachers to write their summer reading goals.
Then it had ideas for places and time to squeeze in some reading, even though we know summers are full of other fun things as well.
The kids that I work with in small groups also made and decorated plans to hang up somewhere important at home.  Somewhere that they will see it every day, like the fridge, their bedroom, or (my favorite) right over the TV.  Parents can really help their kids pay attention to these plans and encourage them to bring a book any time they might have a spare few minutes.  


I made one too!  I've already read 2 books, since making my plan.  I'm one tenth of the way to my goal!






No comments:

Post a Comment